The GuppyFriend washing bag protects garments and reduces microplastic pollution by reducing synthetic fiber shredding during laundry. It also filters the few fibers that do break, preventing them from being released in wastewater and polluting our rivers and oceans. It’s a win-win for your clothes that will last longer, and for the environment!
- Made from 100% untreated polyester (PET)
- 100% plastic-free packaging
- Size: 50 x 74 cm
- Made in Portugal
HOW TO USE
1. Put synthetic textiles in the GuppyFriend bag, fill to about 2/3 full.
2. Close the bag and wash as usual at 40˚C max.
3. After washing, take out the wet clothes from the bag. The released microfibers will have accumulated at the hems and corners in the interior of the bag.
5. Collect them and dispose of them properly.
WHY USE IT?
When we wash synthetic textiles like polyester or nylon, they release microplastic particles. These particles escape the filter systems of washing machines and wastewater treatment plants and end up polluting our rivers and oceans which can harm the eco-system. Using a GuppyFriend washing bag can drastically reduce microplastic pollution by reducing fiber shredding by up to 86% and filtering the rest so they don’t get released in nature.